EUROPEAN FEDERATION OF HOMEOPATHIC PATIENTS’ ASSOCIATIONS
The voice of homeopathic Patients in Europe
Prior to becoming an independent organisation, EFHPA was developed and met regularly as the Patient/Users sub-committee of the European Committee for Homeopathy (ECH), to which it remains affiliated.
EFHPA itself, was formed in October 2003 in response to the EU Commission’s desire to deal with only one organisation on behalf of patients. The European Patients’ Forum (EPF) was formed to fulfill this role and EFHPA is a member of this.
EFHPA is a member of the European Patients Forum (EPF), the European Public Health Alliance (EPHA), ECHAMP (European Coalition of Homeopathic and Anthroposophical Medicinal Products), and also of EUROCAM .
Aims & Objectives
EFHPA believes that patients have a fundamental right to patient-centred healthcare that respects their needs, preferences and values. Our role is:
- to represent patients in Europe using or seeking homeopathic treatment
- defending these patients’ rights and interests
- working towards homeopathy becoming integrated into EU healthcare policy
- to raise awareness of the benefits of homeopathy with EU healthcare authorities
- lobbies for harmonisation of the EU Directives pertinent to homeopathic medicines throughout Europe leading to equal availability of the treatments and medicines to all EU citizens
- supports the founding and development of national homeopathic patients’ organisations.
EFHPA was founded in October 2003 by a decision taken at a meeting of the members of the ECH Patient/Users sub-committee in Marseille and is registered according to Belgian law.
The secretariat address is:
European Federation of Homeopathic Patient’s Associations
c/o Friends RLHIM
60 Great Ormond Street
London WCIN 3HR
- Mrs Enid Segall, President (United Kingdom )
- Ms Cristal Sumner, Vice President (United Kingdom)
- Mr J W (Wim) Menkveld, Treasurer (The Netherlands)
- Ms Sato Liu, Secretary (United Kingdom)
- Ms Jennifer Hurstfield, EPF liasion officer (United Kingdom)
Members pay an annual fee of €200. Small associations can apply to pay less.
For the statues of EFHPA click here.
EFHPA has made a leaflet which can be downloaded.